Reading and Language Arts
CCFA takes a developmental approach to literacy instruction that is aligned with the Common Core Standards, balances both student-centered activities and explicit instruction, and utilizes flexible grouping.
- Wilson Fundations – core phonics program for all students; double doses for students who need more support
- Guided Reading – leveled readers and Reading A-Z materials; focuses on fluency and comprehension development
- Teacher read-aloud and shared reading
- Literacy Centers to build and reinforce foundational literacy skills, such as alphabet knowledge, phonics, sight word recognition, etc.
- Kid writing & journaling
Learn More about Wilson Fundations
Research-based, multi-sensory, structured language program that builds foundational skills and fosters life-long learning.
- Phonemic awareness
- Phonics/word study
- High frequency/sight words
CCFA’s Math program is aligned with the Common Core Standards. Flexible grouping and manipulatives are used to meet the developmental needs of students.
- Math in Focus program
- Topics: Counting, Place Value, Number Sense, Word Problems, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division
Learn More about Math in Focus
Math in Focus is a Singapore Math ® curriculum that provides research-based pedagogy proven to develop students’ foundational math understanding. It highlights problem solving as the center of mathematical learning. Math in Focus addresses the following purposes: building conceptual understanding, developing critical-thinking skills, advancing problem-solving proficiency, and building positive attitudes.