To promote a safe, caring, engaging, and positive learning environment where students, families and staff are supported socially, emotionally and academically while recognizing and respecting cultural diversity.
CCFA will be a Tier 1 Support school, what does this mean? Tier 1 supports of positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) consists of rules, routines, and physical arrangements that are developed and taught by school staff to prevent initial occurrences of behavior the school would like to target for change. Tier 1 is also known as Primary Prevention and the core principles are listed below (click on the icon above to learn more about Tier 1 Supports) :
- Effectively teach appropriate behavior to all children
- Intervene early
- Use of a mult-tier model of service delivery
- Use research-based, scientifically validated interventions
- Monitor student progress to inform interventions
- Use data to make decisions
- Use assessments for progress monitoring
- Participate in planning teams
- Learn how to teach their children the importance of school-wide expectations at home and in the community
- Volunteer to participate in related school activities including school celebrations, public relations, and the search for donations and free resources in the community.