Interested in Volunteering?
Contact CCFA by phone or email to learn about potential volunteer opportunities. All volunteers must complete background checks, please see below regarding the required certifications.
Pennsylvania State Requirements for School Volunteers:
Under Pennsylvania’s Child Protective Services Law, school volunteers who are responsible for the child’s welfare or who have “direct volunteer contact” with children at a school (i.e., the care, supervision, guidance, or control of children and routine interaction with children) are required to have background checks.
Volunteers must obtain the following certifications:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Child Abuse History certification from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse).
A fingerprint based federal criminal history (Federal Bureau of Investigation) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is NOT required as long as:
- The position the volunteer is applying for is an unpaid position; AND
- The volunteer has been a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the entirety of the previous 10 years.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI certification because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344.
FBI Fingerprint requirement (PA residents of less than 10 years only)
Those who have not lived in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the past ten years will also need to fill out a federal criminal history check in addition to the above documentation. Click below for the Federal Criminal History Report.
- Federal Criminal History Report (IdentoGo) – Volunteer is responsible for cost of this report ($21.35)
Once you receive your clearances….
Please make one copy of each clearance for your records and send a copy to CCFA. These certifications will be good for the next 60 months and will travel with you as your child moves from one school level to the next.